Hi Foxy People! In honor of Fat Tuesday, I wanted to bless yall with a veggie friendly gumbo. It’s got everything, but the crab legs lol.
Check out my recipe below!
Vegetarian (2 individual servings)
- 4 cups of Vegetable Broth
- 1 bag of Frozen Gumbo Medley Vegetables
- 3 Smart Meatless Italian Sausage links
- 1 can of Cannellini Beans
- 2 small Vine Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons of Tomato Paste
- 2 cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoons of Vegan Spread
- 2 tablespoons of Tony Chachere’s seasonings
- Prep your garlic, dice your tomatoes, and cut your sausages on the bias into 1 inch slices. You can also rinse and drain off your beans as well.
- In a small pot, heat up your gumbo vegetable medley with about 3 tablespoons of water. The goal is to thaw out the veggies and allow them to soften. This will cook for about 5 minutes. Drain excess water off and sit aside.
- In a large pot, turn the heat to medium and melt your vegan spread. Add in your minced garlic and allow it to brown a bit.
- Take your sausage and add them in. Allow each side to get a brown crust to it. This is about 2 minutes of cooking on each side. Then take the sausage out and sit it aside. Keep all the buttery goodness at the bottom.
- Now it’s time for the roux! Add in your flour and allow it to mix well with the vegan spread. It forms a nice, brown paste.
- Add in all of your Tony’s seasoning and slowly stir in the vegetable broth. You want to make sure the flour clumps are gone.
- Then add in everything to the big pot. This includes your tomato paste, sausage, gumbo veggies, and beans. Make sure everything is mixed well together.
- Cover the gumbo and turn the heat down to a simmer on low heat. Allow it to cook for about 15 minutes and you are ready to serve!
© Copyright 2019 Foxy Veggies – All Rights Reserved
2 thoughts on “Veggie Gumbo”
This looks so yummy !
LikeLiked by 1 person