Hi Foxy people!
I feel like Dallas constantly has a rolling series of clouds over the city lately lol. It is another gloomy Sunday. Gloomy days spark comfort food feels. That is the best kind of food for Sunday Dinner.
Today’s recipe is Spaghetti “Meat” Sauce. I was in the mood for pasta and this recipe is so filling,. Pair it with some Garlic Bread and Thin Wheat Spaghetti Noodles and you will have a complete meal!
As always, comment below. Follow me throughout the week on Instagram @foxyveggies and on Twitter @foxy_veggies.
Spaghetti “Meat” Sauce
- 1 can (24 oz.) Hunts Pasta Sauce
- 1 can (4 oz.) Giorgio Chunky Style Portabella Mushrooms
- 1 cup of Boca Veggie Ground Crumbles
- 1/4 cup of Yellow Onion
- 2 tbsp of Ricotta Cheese
- 1 tbsp of Canola Oil
- 1 tbsp of Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp of Onion Powder
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp of Oregano
- 1 tsp of Thyme
- 1 tsp of Rosemary
- In a small pot on the stove, turn the heat to medium.
- After about 1 minute and in your canola oil.
- As the oil is heating up, take your yellow onion and cut it into a small dice. Open your can of mushrooms. Drain and rinse them off.
- Take your Meatless crumbles, onions, and mushrooms and add them to the pot. Take all of your seasonings and mix them together well. Add in half of the seasonings now and allow the crumbles to cook for about 1 minute.
- As this is cooking, open your can of sauce and add that to the pot.
- At this time, you can add in the remaining seasonings. Give the sauce a stir and turn the heat to low. Allow the sauce to simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- When the sauce is ready, stir in your ricotta cheese and enjoy! (If you would like to keep the recipe Vegan, exclude the Ricotta Cheese.)
© Copyright 2018 Foxy Veggies LLC – All Rights Reserved