Hi Foxy People!
Today I wanted to share a slightly fancy recipe that I think we all should have in our pocket. Let’s make Hollandaise Sauce! It’s our gateway to Eggs Benedict. This will make you stand out at all of the brunch parties.
I am featuring in the photo, steamed asparagus that I will lightly saute in clarified butter and season with salt and pepper and a poached egg.
If you would like me to do a step by step recipe on a poached egg, comment below and let me know.
As always, follow me on Instagram @foxyveggies And on Twitter @foxy_veggies.
- 4-6 oz. of Clarified Butter
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
- 1 tbsp of Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Salt and Cayenne Pepper to taste
- If you would like to clarify your own butter, all you have to do is take 1 pound of Unsalted Butter and allow it to melt on low heat. As the butter melts, the pure butter fat will separate from the milk fat. The milk fat is a white film that will rise to the too. Skim it off frequently. Allow this to melt for about an hour giving the butter time to separate the water, butter fat, and milk fat. Once the milk fat is all skimmed off, drain off the butter fat making sure the water at the bottom doesn’t mix in.
- If you don’t want to take these steps to make your own clarified butter don’t fret, you can buy some online via this link https://www.amazon.com/Trader-Joes-Clarified-Butter-Ghee/dp/B00G12Z36W
- If you freshly made your own clarified butter, sit it aside and allow it to cool off a little until it’s warm. If you purchased clarified butter, heat up your 4-6 oz I’m the microwave for about 20 seconds
- Take a small pot and fill it with water. Put it on medium heat.
- In a little bowl, separate your egg yolks from their egg whites. If you want, you can save your egg whites for an egg whites scramble or omelette the next day. We need to bring them to room temperature.
- Once the water simmers, place your egg yolks in a bowl and place it over the pot. Start to whisk your egg yolks until they start to turn to a lighter yellow color almost a pale yellow.
- Take the bowl off of the heat, place a towel underneath it, and add the lemon juice to the mix.
- Whisk the lemon juice until it’s fully mixed in then begin to slowly drizzle in your clarified butter. You have to whisk with one hand while you drizzle the butter in with the other.
- You’ll know it’s ready when all the butter is mixed in and you’re left with a a creamy sauce.
- Finish the sauce with salt and cayenne pepper.
© Copyright 2018 Foxy Veggies LLC – All Rights Reserved