Happy Foodie Friday Foxies!!! This week, I wanted to switch it up and give you a recipe.
Tis the season, it is feeling like Fall in Dallas this week. It made me want comfort food and to be snuggled in a blanket the entire week lol. I started thinking about how good Chicken and Dumplings used to be growing up. My Grandy and my aunts would make it on cold days back home in Milwaukee. Then I began to think about it, I haven’t had it in years. The question then became, how can I make this veggie friendly? I got the creative juices going and here we are with my Chick’n & Dumplings recipe. Check it out below! Let me know what you think. Like, Share, and Show some love in the comments.
Chick’n & Dumplings
- 1 bag of Gardein Chick’n Strips
- 2 1/2 (32 fl. oz.) Vegetable Broth
- 5 Carrots (diced)
- 3 Celery Stalks (diced)
- 1 Sweet Onion (diced)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp of Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp of Salt
- 2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp of Earth Balance Original Buttery Spread
- 3 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of Salt
- Add all of your dry ingredients for your dumpling mix and put them in a bowl. Mix them together, then whisk in your melted butter and almond milk.
- As soon as your thick mixture for your dumplings are mixed well together. Sit it in the fridge.
- Prep your carrots, celery, garlic, and sweet onion.
- Take a large pot, turn stove to medium high heat, and add in your vegetable oil.
- Once the oil is heated, add in your veggies and garlic. Saute your mirepoix (veggie soup blend), give your vegetables about 2 minutes to sweat in the pot, then add in your chick’n strips. and seasonings.
- Once those ingredients are mixed well in the pot, cover the pot, and allow the veggies and chick’n to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Once the veggies are softened, add in your vegetable broth and bay leaves.
- Take your dumpling mix out of the fridge and when the broth begins to simmer, take a tbsp of gently drop in spoonfuls of the dumplings to the broth.
- Once all of your dumplings are in, stir then in and cover the pot again. Allow the dumplings to cook for 10 more minutes.
© Copyright 2018 Foxy Veggies LLC – All Rights Reserved